Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Episode 003: The Great Divide

No theme this week, just good, old-timey VGM.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:




Track list below:

# - Game - Track - System - Composer
1 - F-1 Spirit 3D Special - Is it Domingo Today - MSX2+ - Tsutomu Ogura / goro kin?
2 - Jewel Master - Jewel Master - Genesis/MD - Motoaki Takenouchi
3 - Keitai Denjuu Telefang - BGM 37 - Game Boy Color - Kinuyo Yamashita
4 - Last Ninja 3 - Stage 2 (“Water”) - Commodore 64 - Reyn Ouwehand
5 - Racing Hero - BGM 1 - Arcade - Hikoshi Hashimoto

1 comment:

  1. The Diad,
    Speaking of the Z-80, it was also the main processor in the Master System, and also a coprocessor in the Genesis, as well as a bunch of other systems.

    I liked the Last Ninja 3 track, although the asiatic elements sounded more Chinese than Japanese. I guess that's what happens when westerners try to do Asian themes. Oh, food for thought: The plural of Ninja is ninja(at least in Japanese). So maybe the Last Ninja 3 is just the third of all the Last Ninja. In any case, I bet there aren't as many Last Ninja as there are Last Bibles or Final Fantasies!

    And that Racing Hero track is just the best! I can no longer recall whether I first heard that track from LMH, from VGMJB, or whether I found it on www.VGMrips.com while searching for songs to request on VGMJB. but I love it so much! To me, there's the slightest underpinning of sadness behind the good feels that makes the track more impactful....something about those chords. Anyway, great show!

    Nathan Daniels

    ReplyDelete