Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Episode 031: Local on the 8s

Welcome to The Diad Presents!

This week we get back to the typical show format. The forecast calls for thunderous beats, a sprinkling of jazzy jams, and gale force .. um... talking from me, your host.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:


And the track list is below:

# - Game - Track - System - Composer
1 - Eschatos - Stellar Light - Xbox 360 - Yousuke Yasui
2 - Moero!! Pro Yakyuu Rookies - BGM 06 - WonderSwan - ?
3 - Sky Chasers - World 3 ~ Snow - iOS / Android - MAXO (Max Coburn)
4 - Combo Critters - Veggi - iOS / Android - MAXO (Max Coburn)
5 - Madou Monogatari 1 - Floors 1-10 - Genesis / MD - Masanobu Tsukamoto
6 - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (Roland MT-32) - Adult Television - PC - Al Lowe
7 - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (Roland MT-32) - The Disco - PC - Al Lowe
8 - Namco Museum Vol. 5 - Pac-Mania Game Room Theme - PSX - Hitosu Itaki (?)

5 comments:

  1. (To be uttered in the most endearing Eugene Levy voice): You!

    Great tracks, great info, and great story about your daughter and Madou Monogatari 1. I’m going to have to learn that move.

    The mixing on vocals seemed better as well. I didn't listen to the weather channel back in the day, but I appreciated your Diadtribe(see what I did there?). The light moods of elevator music was the chief turnoff to me at the time; I have always liked the same style of music with a more somber or sad emotional tone. However, between LMH and Sentimental in San Gabriel's golf tracks, I've really come to enjoy the style. And the Leisure Suit Larry stuff fit squarely into that category.

    I agree with you generally about mobile gaming. There was some good conversation on VGM Jukebox a while back about that very thing, which was started over my comments accompanying a Sword & Sworcery request I submitted. Hear that? It's a tiny horn. I'm tooting it.

    From "Eschatos" comes "eschatology", referring to death and the apocalypse. Protestants who believe in the rapture are usually pretty familiar with the word. Anyhoo, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forgot to reply inline... It's only happened... like 31 times.

      Diadtribe... Brilliant.

      If you need a lesson on the dance move, I'm happy to provide more tips. As for the mixing, Alan no longer has access to one of his magic boxes, so he is forced to use a different program. Might be some readjustments in coming episodes. Glad it came out ok to you, though.

      I don't know that I ever popped in some elevator music in my car (one exception being a 2am radio station I would listen to with... Alan! when we were youths out past all bedtimes). But I think I can groove rightly to many of it. And moreso for me, it has prevalence in VGM.

      beep beep. That reminds me... I gotta get on that swords and sorcery train. I recently got a new phone and just installed Banner Saga again - I know you are familiar with that one!

      When I was doing a quick etymology search for eschatos, I did see some biblical reference sites come up. This makes a lot of sense now. At the very least, it's a cool word.

      Delete
    2. yes, but not to be confused with scatalogical. That's when it REALLY hits the fan!

      Delete
  2. I wish you could see the music video that played in my head in reaction to your description of your daughter dancing to Madou Monogatari. It had flashing colors, wild zooms, multiple video split into 4 quadrants, and of course, star wipes! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not any different than what I would have picked myself.

      Delete