Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Episode 011: Lineal Equations

Welcome to The Diad Presents!

Apologies for the shorter-than-average show this week, to find out why, check out the show.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:




And the track list below:

# - Game - Track - System - Composer
1 - Street Jam - BGM 5 - Arcade - Yasuyuki Suzuki
2 - Street Jam - BGM 1 - Arcade - Yasuyuki Suzuki
3 - Takeda Shingen - BGM 7 - TurboGrafx-16 - Unknown
4 - Xenon - Title Theme - PC-98 - Ryu Umemoto
5 - Solar Invasion - Title Theme - ZX Spectrum - Tim Follin
6 - Phelios - Staff Roll - Genesis - Yoshinori Kawamoto

3 comments:

  1. Better a short thediadpresents than no thediadpresents at all, that's what I always say! ALWAYS.

    Given that you mentioned the two Takeda Shingens, I'm going to make an educated guess that it was known here(for the NES) as Shingen the Ruler. I'm not familiar with the game, but the title rests in my consciousness as something I remember seeing in the pages of EGM back in the day. Following it up on YouTube, I must say it has a pretty decent soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I need buffer episodes! So when an unexpected illness strikes, I am not left showless.

    I'm glad you ALWAYS say that.

    Shingen the Ruler was actually the sequel, and was released as Takeda Shingen 2 in Japan. The original game (Takeda Shingen) never made it to North America.

    One of the many examples of confusing naming conventions when porting games between countries. For the worst possible example of this, check out the Adventure Island series. I don't think I could possibly do it justice on my short show, but Retronauts did a very comprehensive episode on it.

    here if you are interested: http://www.retronauts.com/?p=1444

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Adventure Island, it's Wonder Boy! ;D I did catch that episode, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Speaking of which, Retronauts just posted a few articles on WBII on their site. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete