Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Episode 043: Hot Like

Welcome to The Diad Presents!

We're back to normal this week. Hope you all keep me in your heart as your very special valentine. My gift to you is beautiful VGM.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:



Here are some resources I used for the episode:

And the track list below:

# - Game - Track - System - Composer
1 - F.I.R.E. - Title - ZX Spectrum - Frantisek Fuka
2 - King of Kings - Title - FC - Hirohiko Takayama
3 - Erika to Satoru no Yume Bouken - Field Map - FC - Hirohiko Takayama
4 - Foresight Dolly - Track 30 - PC-98 - Tadashi Sawashita
5 - Doomsday Warrior - Daisy ~ Dancing Plant - SNES - Junta
6 - Doomsday Warrior - P-Lumb ~ Fatty Bomber - SNES - Junta
7 - Twilight Princess - Zora's Domain - Gamecube - Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ota & Koji Kondo
8 - Mega Turrican - Ending Theme - Genesis - Chris Huelsbeck

2 comments:

  1. I loved the sound of that Namco 163 sound chip("Please, my friends call me Namco 106"). It sounded so good that I switched to headphones while driving in rainy traffic, just so I could get a better listen. I wonder how the hidden message in Erica was found, and if the guy ever had to answer for his comments.

    Are you sure the Doomsday Warrior composer's name isn't pronounced "Hoonta", as in military junta, or halapeƱo, or HA-le-co?

    I'm pretty sure Chris Huelsbeck composed everything for Mega Turrican. Pixelated Audio did a really nice interview with him on episode 53, and I think they talked about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find the answer to why it is also called the Namco 106, but if I do a full episode I'm going to try again. I always love to hear what these custom chips can do.

      I bet no one found the secret message until the ROM got dumped and people started poking around. Or maybe Hidemushi let it slip eventually.

      I'm certainly not sure about Mr. or Ms. Hoonta. I only assumed because of Japanese, but I kinda like your way better.

      I might like to go back and check out that PA episode. I have missed a lot of their older episodes, but that sounds like one I would enjoy.

      I was sort of disappointed with the two N163 soundtracks overall. It seemed like they had a lot of power, but spent most of the time using the channels for extra layers. Granted this would come after 30 years of learning and experience, but I would love to see what a Norrin Radd or Virt could do with it.

      Delete