Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Episode 029: Gunpei Yokoi Part I - Game Boy

Welcome to The Diad Presents!

This week features part one of a two-part spectacular! Get your Game Boy on.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:



Some of the sources I relied on are here:
And the track list is below:

# - Game - Track - System - Composer
1 - Ottifanten - Der Zoo Music - Game Boy - Stello Doussis
2 - Drymouth - Billy’s Theme - Game Boy - Jake Kaufman
3 - Tintin: Le Temple du Soleil - Area 1-2 Music - Game Boy - Alberto Gonzalez
4 - Trip World - World 3 (Part 1) - Game Boy - """Phase Out"" (Masayuki Iwata, Tsutomu Ishida & Atsushi Mihiro)"
5 - Turok 2: Seeds of Evil - Mountain Stage - Game Boy - Alberto Gonzalez
6 - International Superstar Soccer - Title Theme - Game Boy - Akira Yamaoka (?)
7 - Gradius: the interstellar assault - Staff Roll - Game Boy - Yoshiyuki Hagiwara

5 comments:

  1. Heck yeah! Gunpei Yokoi is something else. I didn't like the Gameboy back in the day, but man, these tracks were hitting that b-spot. Especially that Tintin track. Every track I've heard on that OST stands out among its brethren. AJG, without question, earns his moniker of Master of Gameboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was between two tracks for Tintin. I like most of the OST as well. It was a last minute decision!

    I'll be interested to see what you think of the WonderSwan tracks next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the nice words! It's always awesome to be featured in a music podcast :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What an awesome surprise to hear from you! I'm so pleased that you listened to the show. I certainly meant what I said. And while I like your work on all platforms, your Game Boy tracks are my favorite. I had to make sure I played a couple :)

      Delete
    2. Hey! McAlby showed up! One of the greatest gaming composers OF ALLLLL TIIIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEE!!!!

      Delete