Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Episode 007: Word is Bond

Welcome back to The Diad Presents!

This week, prepare to banter with Ms. Moneypenny.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:



Track list below:

# - Game - Track - System - Composer
1 - GoldenEye 007 - Main Theme - N64 - Graeme Norgate Grant Kirkhope Robin Beanland
 - GoldenEye 007 - Q Watch v2.01 Beta - N64 - Graeme Norgate Grant Kirkhope Robin Beanland
2 - Operation Stealth - BGM 10 - Amiga - Jean Baudlot
3 - The Spy Who Loved Me - Main Theme - Amiga - Matt Furniss
4 - James Pond 2: Codename: RoboCod - Main Theme / Codename: RoboCod - SNES - Richard Joseph
5 - Live and Let Die - Main Theme - Atari ST - Mark Cooksey
6 - James Bond: The Duel - Caveman Rock - Genesis/Mega Drive - Matt Furniss

2 comments:

  1. Man, I enjoyed this episode way more than I expected to(I tend to stay away from licensed titles)! Especially the Duel track at the end. Just about every VGM Podcast out there has had Matt Furniss on as a guest, but in all that time, I've not heard even one track from this game. I'm downloading it as I type this.

    Now I don't mean to bust your bubble, but that Matt Furniss Amiga track channels 1987 more than 1990. It seems heavily influenced by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's "Girls Of The World Ain't Nothin' But Trouble"(see what I did there?).

    I also wanted to mention that the James Pond: Robocod track you played uses large chunks of the RoboCop theme song, which I guess is fitting.

    All in all, great fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with for episode 666!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ND!

      I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was expecting some really awful tracks for the same reasons - licensed games are more often bad than good. And to be honest, I combed through a lot of unpleasant music picking the tracks to play this week. It's definitely more difficult to have a themed episode, but like I mentioned on the show, almost all these tracks were completely new to me.

      For The Duel, I recommend Map Rap and Wave Trouble. I mean, the soundtrack is only like 8 songs anyway. I'm not sure how I would describe the soundtrack... something like ambient/funky/90s. It's a sound that I don't think is very common.

      I'll concede the point to you re: 1987.

      As for Robocop, I'll admit I am not familiar with the theme (having only seen part of the movie on TV as a kid). I am now curious, and I'm going to check it out. I should have put 2 and 2 together since RoboCod is an obvious joke. I'm sure there must be other nods to the movie in the game that I missed.

      Set your Google Calendar reminder: Wednesday, November 28, 2029: Episode 666 drops.

      Delete