Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Episode 040: Legend of Zelda

Welcome to The Diad Presents!

Hey! Listen! It's the Legend of Zelda.

The show can be downloaded here,

or streamed here:



Some references I used:
                    And the track list below:

                    # - Game - Track - System - Composer
                    1 - The Legend of Zelda - Title - FDS - Koji Kondo
                    2 - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Title - FDS - Koji Kondo
                    3 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Triforce Chamber - SNES - Koji Kondo
                    4 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Lost Woods - SNES - Koji Kondo
                    5 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Mt. Tamaranch Tal Tal Heights - Game Boy - Minako Hamano & Kozue Ishikawa
                    6 - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Tarm Ruins - GBC - Kiyohiro Sada & Minako Adachi
                    7 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Windmill Hut - N64 - Koji Kondo
                    8 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Sheik’s Theme - N64 - Koji Kondo
                    9 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Milk Bar - N64 - Koji Kondo
                    10 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island - Gamecube - Kenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai, Toru Minegishi & Koji Kondo

                    4 comments:

                    1. The Diad,

                      I love the show and will still look forward to each episode.

                      I too have a deep love for the Windmill Hut theme. The way the baseline(?) moves back and forth in stereo just floors me every time. The N64 was my first traditional console and OoT was the first game I had for it. The whole Ocarina of Time soundtrack just pulls me back into a pure time in my youth.

                      Thank you,

                      Poliesterties

                      ReplyDelete
                      Replies
                      1. Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Ties.

                        I've been picking tracks and digging up Games of the Year, and I already feel like I have more time to get good information together. I think spacing episodes out for a while is the right move.

                        That's quite a way to kick off your console life! I remember I used to sit in the windmill and listen to the track loop. OoT has one of those soundtracks that really does that - transports you to another place.

                        Delete
                    2. Love the tracks. Also, biweekly is more than a fair trade for a show that you enjoy making and cuts your own mustard. Lives up to your own snuff. Meets your own criteria. Marks your own bench. In short, yes.

                      ReplyDelete
                      Replies
                      1. What, only 4 examples of badinage? My wife makes me sit in the other room if I cut the mustard.

                        The bi-weekly experiment is underway. I am currently listening to extra soundtracks trying to find winners for the GOTY episode. In weeks past I would already be scrambling to put together the show.

                        I'm not sure if the improvements will be apparent or not, but I really just want a product I can be happy with. NAW MEAN?

                        Delete